The trees have taken a sudden turn for the worse

May 10, 2011

I had based the armatures and will show you in detail very soon how I went attaching foliage with Hob-e-tac, but right now I can tell you that the first batch are ruined and I’m not enthusiastic about finishing the experiment. Applying watered-down glue to fix the Hob-e-tac’d foliage has caused the trouble…foliage has detached and the amount of effort to stick it back on is quite excessive.

Advertisements

5 Responses to “The trees have taken a sudden turn for the worse”

  1. Paul said

    Bugger! PVA it mate!

  2. Eastern Funker said

    I’m going to continue the experiments, but if I examine the dollar value of the time I’ve used so far to make these trees, then buying ready-made ready-based ones from model railway shops is the most economical way.

  3. Peter Stone said

    Did you know you can get Kwik Grip in a gel now?
    When you first apply it, it is very sticky, so probably perfect for foliage. If you leave it 20 minutes, you have to press it to stick.
    Regards
    Peter

    • Eastern Funker said

      Where do I go to get a sample – model shops? Bunnings? Mitre 10?

      • Peter Stone said

        I got it from Bunnings.
        Here is what it looks like:

        ie, the green tin, not the red one.
        I would recommend using as soon as you put it on, its not sticky after 20 minutes unless you press two things together.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: